E-book market will register an annual growth rate of 6.04%, consumer e-book will be the most revenue-generating product segment
NEW YORK, September 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “e-book market by product (consumer e-book, business e-book, and educational e-book) and geography (North America, EuropeACPA, South Americaand MEA) – “Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025” report has been added to Technavio’s offering. The potential growth difference for eBooks market size between 2020 and 2025 is $6.93 billion. For Exact CAGR and Annual Growth Rate, Request a FREE Sample PDF Report Now
Key Market Dynamics:
- Market engine: The benefits and engagement of e-book readers are driving the growth of the global e-book market. The prevalence of books in digital format is high. E-books and e-readers are becoming more and more common in the world. The latest interactive technologies, such as verbal interaction, augmented reality (AR), and games are integrated into e-books. Thus, the demand for interactive e-books will continue to rise, which will drive the growth of the global e-books market over the forecast period.
- Market Challenge: The increasing number of privacy breaches challenges market growth. Sellers or publishers in the global e-book market are threatened by the resurgence of copyright infringements. Piracy and illegal file sharing have become a threat to the growth of the global e-book market, with the rapid penetration of the Internet. The growing threat of e-book piracy is impacting the financial health of businesses as well as the interest of publishers. Thus, unauthorized duplication of copyrighted content is expected to hamper the growth of the global e-books market over the forecast period.
To learn more about the additional key factors, trends and challenges available with Technavio, Read our FREE sample PDF report now!
The eBooks Market report is segmented by Product (Consumer eBook, Professional eBook, and Educational eBook) and Geography (North America, EuropeACPA, South Americaand MEA).
The consumer e-book will be the biggest contributor to the growth of the e-book market. Mainstream e-books include fiction genres such as adult fiction. They are mainly purchased by individual end users. The demand for fiction books is increasing due to changing reading habits of individuals. These books account for the majority of revenue generated from e-book sales in European countries, such as Germany, Italy, the Netherlandsand Belgium. E-commerce vendors play an important role in the growth of the market. For example, BookyWooky, an e-commerce player in children’s books in Indiaoffers interactive children’s books such as hardback books, cloth books, and self-reading and self-activity books for children.
North America will be the leading region with 45% market growth during the forecast period. The United States and Canada are the key countries for the e-book market in North America.
Discover the contribution of each segment summarized in concise infographics and detailed descriptions in our report. Buy now to access exclusive information on all suppliers
Some companies mentioned
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA
- Cengage Learning Inc.
- Hatchet Book
- HarperCollins Publishers
- John Wiley and Sons Inc.
- Kensington Publishing Company.
- Macmillan Publishers
- McGraw Hill
Do you want your report to be personalized? Talk to an analyst and customize your report according to your needs
e-book market in Europe Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2022-2026
US Digital Education Publishing Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
Scope of the e-book market
Growth momentum and CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 7.25%
Market Growth 2021-2025
Annual growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America and MEA
Successful market contribution
North America at 45%
Main consumer countries
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, China and Italy
Leading companies, competitive strategies, scope of consumer engagement
Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA, Cengage Learning Inc., Hachette Livre, HarperCollins Publishers, John Wiley and Sons Inc., Kensington Publishing Corp., Macmillan Publishers and McGraw Hill
Parent market analysis, market growth drivers and barriers, analysis of fast and slow growing segments, impact of COVID-19 and future consumer dynamics, and analysis of market conditions for the forecast period.
If our report does not include the data you are looking for, you can contact our analysts and customize the segments.
Browse Consumer Discretionary Market reports
Main topics covered
2 Market landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Education Services
3 Market sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Supplier offers included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market Segment Analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.4 Market Outlook: Forecast 2020 – 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global – Market size and forecast 2020 – 2025 ($ million)
- Figure 07: Global Market: Year-on-Year Growth 2020 – 2025 (%)
4 Five forces analysis
- 4.1 Summary of the five forces
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 and 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of Substitutes
- Piece 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Piece 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market Status
- Exhibit 14: State of the market – Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market Segments
- Exhibit 15: Product – Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by product
- 5.3 Consumer eBook – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Consumer eBook – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025 (USD Million)
- Exhibit 18: Consumer eBooks – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Professional eBook – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Business e-book – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (USD million)
- Exhibit 20: Professional eBook – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Educational eBook Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Educational eBook – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025 (USD Million)
- Exhibit 22: Educational eBook – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market Opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by product
6 Customer Landscape
7 Segment by Platform Usage
8 Geographic landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.4 Europe – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.5 APAC – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- 8.6 South America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.7 MEA – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- 8.8 Major Leading Countries
- 8.9 Market Opportunity by Geography
9 drivers, challenges and trends
10 Supplier Landscape
- 10.3 Landscape disturbance
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.2 Market Positioning of Suppliers
- 11.5 Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA
- 11.6 Cengage Learning Inc.
- 11.8 HarperCollins Editors
- 11.9 John Wiley and Sons Inc.
- 11.10 Kensington Publishing Company.
- 11.11 Macmillan Editors
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for the US dollar
- 12.3 Research methodology
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
Technavio is a global leader in technology research and consulting. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help companies identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions.
With over 500 specialist analysts, Technavio’s reporting library consists of over 17,000 reports and counts, spanning 800 technologies, spanning 50 countries. Their customer base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing customer base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, in-depth research, and actionable market intelligence to identify opportunities in existing markets and potentials and assess their competitive positions in changing market scenarios.
Media & Marketing Manager
USA: +1 844 364 1100
UK: +44 203 893 3200